Today we bought a 10 pound tuna from the Pacific and a Centollo Crab from the Caribbean for $25. After 5 minutes in boiling water, the crab was tasty, but not as sweet a Maryland Blue Crab. Ideally, I want sushi quality tuna, but the tuna is not sushi quality. Why? 1) I don't believe the fishmonger when he said the tuna was caught in the small hours of today. 2) The tuna flesh was not high enough quality - probably because it was too young and hung out in warm waters; therefore, it did not have enough fat in the flesh.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Panama Fish Market - $25 for 10#s of tuna and a 3# crab
Today we bought a 10 pound tuna from the Pacific and a Centollo Crab from the Caribbean for $25. After 5 minutes in boiling water, the crab was tasty, but not as sweet a Maryland Blue Crab. Ideally, I want sushi quality tuna, but the tuna is not sushi quality. Why? 1) I don't believe the fishmonger when he said the tuna was caught in the small hours of today. 2) The tuna flesh was not high enough quality - probably because it was too young and hung out in warm waters; therefore, it did not have enough fat in the flesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment