Monday, November 3, 2008

Caribbean Boat Ride to "Pupy's Beach"
















Our friend and coworker Colombia invited us out for the day to their favorite beach spot near Isla Grande. We drove toward Colon to the Caribbean side of Panama, through Portobelo and then rented a boat - we cruised around Isla Grande, a huge beautiful island in the Caribbean that hosts the resort Bananas and some others. We stopped at the restaurant of Pupy, a Panamanian with a Bob Marley fixation. Pupy's staff made us the best garlicy patacones and coconut rice ever. I mistakenly thought we were going for "lunch" so I didn't wear my swimsuit, but Colombia's husband Edwin was nice enough to offer his extra swim trunks. I was stylin, and there are no pictures, unfortunately, of that. The pictures you see here are of 1) the resturant next door to Pupy's; 2) a resort (I think Bananas on Isla Grande that our friends can visit with us; 3) all of us on the boat; 4) the Caribbean and 5) Pupy's place. You all want to see this place.





No comments: